An Analysis of Korean Legislative Development in Relation with Economic Growth
- An Analysis of Korean Legislative Development in Relation with Economic Growth
Energy Policy and Law-
- Lee Jun Seo
- Publication Year
- legal collaboration; economic growth; legislative development; Korean energy law or legislation
- Research Report
- 법제교류 연구, 13-21-1-1
- Ⅰ. Background and objectives
□ The purpose of this study is to discuss how South Korea’s legal system has economically evolved to developing or transitional countries.
□ It is expected that the analysis and evaluation of the country’s developmental process through its energy-related legislation will help formulate relevant policies and laws for the said countries, stably and economically, in the face of insufficient resources as was the case of South Korea.
Ⅱ. Main contents
□ Chapter 2 outlines the development of energy-related legislation and analyzes South Korea’s development through economic and the energy-related legislation, with the energy-related legislation divided into three periods as follows:
○ Period 1: the late 1970s through the late 1980s (focusing on overseas resources development and energy use rationalization)
○ Period 2: the late 1980s through the early 1990s (focusing on the transformation to alternative energy and expansion of a community energy supply)
○ Period 3: the mid-2000s, when The Framework Act on Energy was enacted, through the present
□ Chapter 3 intends to explore the international trend of energy policies and legal systems and offers policy suggestions for the said countries based on the comparison of the cases to South Korea. To the said end, the chapter makes an overall assessment about energy-related legislation in comparison with the development process of South Korea’s relevant system, along with its merits and demerits.
□ Chapter 4 summarizes features of South’s Korea energy-related legislation.
Ⅲ. Expected effects
□ The said countries will be able to find options suited to them based on merits and demerits of the energy-related legislation that South Korea has adopted in conjunction with the need to set up their own system for a stable energy supply and security.
- Table Of Contents
- Chapter 1. Foreword 7
Chapter 2. South Korea’s Economic Growth and Changes in Energy-related Legislation 13
Chapter 3. Analysis of the Development Process of South Korea’s Energy-related Legislations 23
Chapter 4. South Korea’s Energy Policy and Legislation 83
Chapter 5. Conclusion 87
Reference Literature 91
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.